The Margaret Hepburn Fund
This fund has been set up in memory of the Drama Department’s former Head of Department. She was special to many staff and students who worked with her at The Knights Templar School and she made a huge contribution to the success of the Performing Arts.
£2500 was donated to Cancer Research last year following the memorial evening. The Margaret Hepburn cup will be given annually, as part of the awards evening for the student who has made an impressive contribution to Drama, and the new Creative Arts block has been named after Margaret Hepburn.
We hope that the fund will support the following:
Provide help to students who have financial difficulties to attend theatre trips with the Drama Department.
- To raise money to buy new equipment and resources for the Drama Department.
- To raise money that will go towards an annual donation to Cancer Research.
The fund will raise money through the performances produced by the Drama Department, here at The Knights Templar School.
April 2009 – April 2010
- 3 A level students have been helped financially by the Margaret Hepburn Fund
- Four new Fresnel lights have been bought.
- Five new radio microphones have been bought. One hand held microphone and four lapel microphones.
- £500 was donated to Cancer Research.
April 2010 – April 2011
- 2 A level students have been helped financially by the Margaret Hepburn Fund and 3 Year 7 students. Some Year 10 students are identified.
- A smoke machine has been purchased. Stage lighting plugs in the Drama Studio and Hall have been standardised allowing more flexibility.
- £500 will be donated in June/July.
April 2011 – April 2012
- 3 students supported to go on the Year 7 Theatre trip to Beasts and Beauties, 1 student supported to participate in LAMDA, 1 A level student supported to go on the A level theatre trips.
- Cabling for the new sound equipment in the Hall and Drama Studio. Stage/Dance flooring has been purchased (used in Sweet Charity)
- £500 was donated in July 2012.
April 2012 – July 2013
- 19 students supported to go on the Year 7 Theatre trip to Beasts and Beauties, 1 student supported to participate in LAMDA, 17 GCSE/A level students supported to experience live theatre.
- To install a new ‘blackout’ curtain to the rear of the hall to complete curtain set, ‘blackout’ blinds to the skylights above the stage in the hall and purchase two new costume hanging-rails – objective still to be met.
- £500 was donated to Macmillan Cancer Support in June 2013.
August 2013 – July 2014
- To continue to support students who have financial difficulties – Year 7 Theatre Trip, GCSE Drama trips and A Level Theatre Trips.
- £500 will be donated to a Cancer Charity.